Dear Current (and Prospective) GPPLL Parents and Players,
2019 GPPLL Second Season registration is now open. Please go to www.gppll.com and click on Registration (in the top menu). You can log in using the same information you used for your regular season registration and simply update information such as shirts sizes and medical information updates. Forgot your password? Just go to registration and reset your password.
Features of Second Season:
· Offered following the GPPLL Regular Season for a fee of $65.
· Gives players an opportunity to develop skills and enjoy the game throughout the summer months.
· Offers an opportunity for kids that want to “try out” Little League.
· Provides an opportunity for players (and coaches) to be more prepared for the rules and skills of the next division in Little League.
· Typically starts in mid July and goes through mid August – about 5 weeks.
· Practices are typically held once a week with games typically scheduled twice per week (no weekend games).
· Roster sizes are expanded to accommodate family vacations.
· Tournament team players are welcome, but must register in advance.
· Players are placed on teams by Managers with the goal to balance skills and experience between teams.
Registration is open to anyone of age (baseball age 7-12) in the community who wants to play baseball. The registration deadline will be June 30th so we can have a draft, choose teams, get uniforms, and have games start in mid-July! Early registration is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED!
The number of teams and divisions are dictated by the number of registered players. Games are played against other GPPLL Second Season teams, and possibly teams from the Grosse Pointe Farms-City Little League. The registration fee covers the costs of uniform shirts and hats, umpires, fields, baseballs, and catcher’s equipment. You are responsible for providing the gloves and bats (oh, and kids).
We’re planning to have two divisions: Majors (typically 10-12-year olds) and Minors (typically 7-9 year olds). Based on numbers, Kids are allowed to play either at their regular season level, or one level above, subject to the discretion of the Commissioner.
In addition, we will also be offering a Sandlot division for 5-7 year olds. This will be offered Monday nights, 6-730pm at Defer A-Ball field, with the potential for Thursday 6-730pm at Defer as well depending on interest level. The Sandlot division will do some drills and instruction at 6pm, followed by a 3-4 inning game each week. The games will be played under A-Ball rules (4 runs per inning max or 3 outs), with the exception that it will be coach pitch, as opposed to machine. Teams will be divided up “sandlot style’ at Defer every Monday night. There is no registration fee for the sandlot division, due to the “show up and play” nature of the division.
This will be a great opportunity to build upon the skills the kids learned during the season, to keep playing baseball throughout the summer, and to get some more game action for the younger players.
Any questions you can Contact James Reno. Renojames2@gmail.com
If you are interested in managing a team, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s a great experience, and you’ll have a ton of help since many 1st season managers and coaches will have children on your team and can offer pointers and assistance.